Home
Who?
#HIGAMDIFY
And furthermore...
Cartoons
Logrolling
Countdown
Feedbag
Pics
Reach out

Paul Flemming

Each time I feel like this inside,
there's one thing I want to know.

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Champagne coozie?

Blogs/Veuvecoozie.JPG

Champagne coozie.

Sun, March 16, 2014 | link          Comments

Monday, November 22, 2010

Giving misses?

Thanksgiving.
Sure. Family, food, shelter, health & wealth, the NFL Network.
But what about Misgivings? When do we set aside a day just for that?

Mon, November 22, 2010 | link          Comments

Friday, October 1, 2010

Police state

Friday night on the west side of Tallahassee. Cool autumn temps. Respite from the work week.

When pigs fly.

All-Seeing-Eye in the sky. Copper chopper. RotoDeputy. I'm caught in the web of student and minority profiling. 

Essential rhetorical device: How long would these things last if flown over the nice part of town?

My inner civil libertarian is appalled, of course. A very close second, however, is the ire of my outer Joe Taxpayer. I do not wish to hear the plaints in the coming round of flat-to-slashed budgeting when this money-burning idiocy goes on.

Pardon me while I go take my Lipitor.

Fri, October 1, 2010 | link          Comments

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

DADT STFU

Don't Ask, Don't Tell, Pass The Remote, Please.

The U.S. Senate mismanaged to punt the debate. I'm aware of and abhor the great harm and injustice this policy and its predecessors bring about.

Still.

Personally and in my own experience of the American character -- current and past -- I think we've shown ourselves to prefer Don't Ask, Don't Tell in most everything. On its own, that's a bad thing. But there's already an implied third element to DADT: Don't Ask, Don't Tell, but if we do or you do we're really going to reveal how stupid we are.

With an alternative, explicit added clause, we'd have a winner.

The perfect addition would be Don't Ask, Don't Tell, Doesn't Matter.

However, Don't Ask, Don't Tell, Hand Over The Chips, works just as well.

I kind of like Don't Ask, Don't Tell, What's That Smell.

Wed, September 22, 2010 | link          Comments

Monday, September 20, 2010

Baseball and politics

Blogs/baseball.jpgEvery baseball team is going to win (roughly) 60 games and lose 60 games. It's what the team does in the remaining 42 games that distinguishes a champion from a chump.
Blogs/ivotedsticker.gifEvery major-party candidate for public office is going to automatically get (roughly) 40 percent of the vote and fail to have a chance at another 40 percent of the vote. It's what the candidate does to win over the remaining 20 percent that is the difference between an office holder and a loser.
What I can't figure out is if it's the Republicans or the Democrats who have the designated hitter rule in place.
All in all, I prefer baseball.

Mon, September 20, 2010 | link          Comments

2014.03.01 | 2010.11.01 | 2010.10.01 | 2010.09.01 | 2010.09.19 | 2010.09.12 | 2010.09.05 | 2010.08.29 | 2010.08.22 | 2010.02.14 | 2010.02.07 | 2009.12.20 | 2009.07.19 | 2009.07.12 | 2009.06.21 | 2009.06.07 | 2009.05.10 | 2009.05.03 | 2009.04.19 | 2009.04.12 | 2009.04.05 | 2009.03.29

Link to web log's RSS file

Type. Sing. Rant. Repeat as necessary.